Leader has more than 50 years’ experience of managing brands and reputations.
Everything that we do hinges on our passion for delivering intelligent, integrated and creative marketing communications that support our clients’ commercial objectives.
Our Past, Present and Future
Leader is one of the UK’s longest established PR and marketing consultancies, and we are as proud of our great past as we are of our vibrant present and exciting vision for the future.
The company was founded in 1965 as Leader Art and Press Services.
The consultancy’s founder was Bryan Holden, who realised a boyhood ambition when he set up business in a ‘bijou’ office in Pimlico Street, Birmingham. By 1983, when James Holden joined his father, Leader’s reputation for creative yet effective marketing communications was already firmly established.
Since 1996 Leader has been based in Warwickshire, first in Henley in Arden and most recently at the Old Stables just outside Stratford-upon-Avon.
Today we are excited to be working towards a new vision for Leader, with plans underway for us to become an employee owned business in the next few years.
But no matter what else changes, underpinning everything at Leader will be the Credo set down by our founder Bryan Holden right back at the beginning:
1. Winning work from a client is not a God-given right, it is a privilege.
2. Recommendation is the best way of winning new business. Earn tomorrow’s recommendations with the quality of today’s work.
3. Good enough is never enough. Always strive for ‘great’ not ‘good’.
4. Let each client see and know that when you are working for them, they are No. 1.
5. Our company is a living, breathing entity. Let’s nurture it and keep it at the forefront of changes and developments in communications technology.
6. Investing in the right people is everything; always encourage creativity and developing skills.
7. A closed door is just one door nearer to a breakthrough. Keep pushing!
8. Positivity breeds success. Negative thoughts only breed negativity and failure.
9. Insight, a great plan and the skills to implement it are all vital. But never forget passion and determination, the secret ingredients which make it all possible.
10. Celebrate every success with a star jump!
James has more than 30 years’ experience as a marketing and communications professional. He has a vast experience of consultancy life, having been lead consultant for major food, leisure and B2B brands including Greggs, Warwick Castle, Precia Molen and Coventry Cathedral. James focuses his time on running the Leader business and providing resource to senior colleagues.
Marc is an experienced business communicator, strategist and Chartered Marketer. In a career spanning marketing, public relations, internal communications and journalism, he has held senior-level roles in sectors as diverse as technology, manufacturing, construction, legal & business services, logistics, finance, education and public sector/not-for-profit.
A highly-qualified marketing and communications director, Gerry is commercially-driven with a passion for strategic planning, creativity and innovating using customer insights and a data-driven approach. With 20 years’ experience at FTSE 100 companies and brand development agencies, Gerry now works with a portfolio of national and global clients, primarily in B2B.
Alister is a proven, versatile and commercially-driven public relations practitioner and academic. He has extensive experience in senior agency, client-side and consultancy roles across 20 industry sectors, as well as working as a freelance national journalist on business and finance. He has a passion for devising and leading integrated digital communications programmes that engage prospects and influencers to create awareness, engagement and nurture commercial outcomes.
Head of Design & Multimedia
Faye is an experienced design team lead with a demonstrable history of working within in-house and agency design teams. She is skilled in the full range of design work, including print management, typography, packaging and a particular passion for web design and delivery. In an impressive 15 year career, Faye has worked across a wide range of consumer and business sectors, including FMCG, health, beauty and logistics.